Purpose: “To encourage and enable young people of our Ukrainian Catholic Christian community to share their gifts with their brothers and sisters in Christ supported in love by the community.”
Goals of UCYC according to the Eparchy of Saskatoon:
- To foster spiritual growth in youth and young adults
- To empower youth and young adults to discover their purpose
- To identify, challenge and engage youth and adults in leadership
- To equip and provide resources for leaders in young and young ministry
G.A.N.G (God’s Anticipated Next Generation)
Young Adult Coordinator: Lesia Lazurko
In the summer of 2019, G.A.N.G (God’s Anticipated Next Generation) group was formed. G.A.N.G is for young adults between the ages of 18 and 35ish.
The young adults is a critical component of our Ukrainian Catholic family because, being adults, we are not the church of tomorrow anymore, but the church of today.
Purpose: To foster spiritual growth, build relationships and empower ourselves to find our role as vibrant members while we encounter God in our parish community. We are integrated into every part of the life of the church and we know there is power in gathering together with others in similar stages of life.
Meeting Times: Our goal is to meet three to four times per year. Please check the bulletin or posters in the church for dates and times.
- Fellowship evening of games and getting to know one another
- Discussion about our iconastas
- Question and Answer time with our priests
- Divine Liturgy
- Pizza making night
“For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” – Matthew 18:20