Updated March 18, 2020
Glory be to Jesus Christ!
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I hope that you and your family are doing well.
The spread of the virus in our province and around the world is a matter of concern for all of us. Though our parish community takes our liturgical and organizational life seriously, given the extraordinary circumstances we face at this time – especially for those members of our congregations (the elderly and those with compromised immune systems) – please note the following directives for our parish and pastoral district:
Sunday Divine Liturgy: All Sunday Divine Liturgies scheduled in our pastoral district on March 22nd and 29th are cancelled. Recall that Bishop Bryan has already dispensed the faithful from obligations to attend services or Divine Liturgy, so as difficult as not attending church this Sunday will be for many of you, let your conscience be at peace.
However, you can participate “remotely” via Livestream Sunday Divine Liturgies:
Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral of St. George – Saskatoon
Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Dormition of the Blessed Mother of God – Saskatoon
“TUNE IN” directly from our Eparchial Website on the Home Page by clicking on the “LITURGY LIVE ICON”!
Fr.Vlad or myself may also celebrate the Liturgy with livestream with a limited number of members from our regular Sunday choir who will help lead the responses.
We will not be printing a weekly bulletin for the Sundays indicated above, however, one will be posted on our parish website.
2. AGM scheduled on March 22nd is postponed.
3. Catechism, Pre-Sanctified Liturgies, Stations of the Cross and Sorokousty Services scheduled for this week, and of next week are cancelled.
4. Confessions and other sacraments by appointment at phone number or email address below.
5. For Easter breads, perogies, cabbage rolls available for sale please call our parish office: 306-543-8008.
6. A decision regarding Holy Week & Easter Services will be made by the beginning of April.
7. Love your Neighbour: At a time like this, I encourage all of you to be mindful of the need to support fellow parishioners and other community members, especially the elderly, the sick, and those who are otherwise home-bound. One of the blessings of so many canceled or postponed events is that we have more time to connect with those around us.
In fact, as I said in my homily this past Sunday: “For us Christians, it’s time to have faith in God. We must have trust in man and in life. History teaches that from these difficulties man has always gained and grown. The important thing now is not to let panic prevail. Many times, panic from the virus harms more than illness itself”.
Many members of our society are afraid, anxious, isolated, alone, and wondering if anyone would even notice if they’re gone. Consider checking up on your neighbour, those who live next door to you or those you know from church, to remind them that you care!
Let us pray to our God and Saviour, Jesus Christ – our Divine Healer to bestow His grace of healing upon all of humanity. Let us beseech our Lord to strengthen our trust in Divine Providence upon our nation, our communities, and our families.
For future updates please call:
OR Parish Office:
OR Parish Council President
Rosanne Miller at 306-543-5773
Blessings and God’s peace to you and your family,